WELCOME TO THE CRAWFORD COUNTY PRIMARY SCHOOL
A child’s ability to read well is one of the primary indicators for success in school. As CCPS media paraprofessional, I will work with CCES Media Specialist, Ms. Colbert to do all we can to support and encourage your child to read often. We want all of our students to read as many books as they would like! Nonetheless, books are quite expensive, and we want students to take care of the materials they check out. Thank you so much for your help and support!
~Mrs. Brenda Grant
CCPS Media Center Policies and Procedures
- Students will visit every two weeks as part of Specials rotation.
- Monday - Accelerated Reader (Once it’s up and running)
- Tuesday - STEM Stations/Creative Centers
- Wednesday - Storytime with literacy activities
- Thursday - Fry Sight Word lessons/activities/games
- Friday - Library Book Checkout Day with video/activity
Media Visit Procedures:
- Homeroom teachers will make routine visits for checkouts and media lessons.
- No book checkout —Pre K
- One book limit —Kindergarten-1st grade
- Two books limit —2nd grade
- Three-week loan period
- With a pass from a teacher, students may visit more frequently.
- Only two students at a time
- Students may use the bins located inside the media center to return books anytime.
- Students cannot checkout as long as books are late or missing.
- Report Cards will be withheld for students with outstanding obligations at the end of the school year.
Media Center Rules:
- Be orderly
- Follow directions
- Speak in whispers
- Take care of materials
- Keep your area clean